So as expected, this summer has proven very busy IRL and I haven’t had a ton of time to work on Scarlet Moon. I *did* find time one Saturday though to finish up a fairly elaborate scene against Leopard, so I’m making some progress at least. Here’s hoping I can find more time (and energy) in August.
I’ve had a couple of people ask about the transcripts for Scarlet Moon. I’d stopped uploading them, because I figured everyone should be able to run the Loveless version (so the transcripts were redundant) and some optimizations I’d made to reduce load time had made creating the transcripts slightly more complicated.
However, I’ve had a couple of people ask about the transcripts so I went ahead and added back support for generating transcripts. You can now find them under the Transcripts section.
There are two versions, one where the PC is a girl named Scarlette and one where the PC is a boy named Adrian.
The transcripts allow you to play Scarlet Moon like it’s a plain CYOA. However, keep in mind that navigating it will be rather awkward, since the transcripts are fundamentally meant to be consumed by a computer not a human. I would encourage people to download the game itself if you want to experience the content. But if you prefer to read a plain website, or you can’t play the game itself for one reason or another, feel free to look at the transcript.
A new version has been uploaded that fixes a crash caused when Tempestas’ Twister status is removed from a character (this can happen, e.g. when a character
is defeated, not just when the status expires).
Many thanks to Anonymous over on the Downloads page for reporting the bug, and helping me track it down!
A new version has been uploaded that fixes some crashes when fighting Princess and/or her minions with the Average AI. Hopefully this is the crash that Anonymous reported on the Downloads section!
I’ve had some pretty titanic changes in my life IRL, and I don’t have a new routine yet. While I’ve worked on the next day of content some, I haven’t had much time for it, and even less mental energy. I don’t expect I’ll be able to work on new content until August at the earliest. I should be able to find time for bug fixes though, so don’t hesitate to report bugs.
New version uploaded that fixes some crashes when attempting to load some save files.
If the game is crashing when you’re attempting to load one of your saves, I’d suggest downloading this version and giving it a try.
New version has been uploaded with Yet More Bugfixes.
— Fixes a problem where the game does not move onto the next round of combat correctly if the last person to go is incapacitated on their turn (i.e. taken out by retaliation).
— Fixes the phrase “Tempestas slingshots back into the fray” when it’s actually Yomama doing the slingshotting.
— Fixes a crash caused by Legostopheles attempting to paddle someone with the Twister status (thanks Wildfire!).
— Fixes a problem where some summons were unselectable due to having too high an index in certain cases (i.e. you managed to defeat one of Princess’ major minions) (thanks Wildfire).
The player can now talk their way out of a spanking from Mom at the end of episode 4. Before, the only way to avoid that spanking was by turning off the “Player spankable” option. But we’ve got at least one fan (Wildfire) who is trying to get through the game with a spankable PC without being spanked. Great challenge, and one that I don’t want to be unwinnable. Since this spanking is now avoidable, it increases your spankee stat if you fail to avoid it.
Uploaded a new version, with some more fixes:
1. Fixes a crash when you pass the Speed stat choice after being captured by Princess.
2. Fixes a bug where if you passed the Power stat choice after being captured by Princess, her *power* was being reduced by 75, rather than her *energy*.
Uploaded a new version, 5.1.7 with the following changes:
– Princess can now summon toys multiple times in a single battle (as opposed to only once). Princess used to be able to do this, except that people playing the Love version couldn’t directly target many of the toys because their number was too high (the Love version only supports selecting enemies with single-digit numbers). Fixing that turned out to be a giant headache, so I just set it so that Princess could only summon once. However, after talking to Wildfire on animeotk, I gave some more thought to it, and came up with a fix that is much simpler than my first attempt, but hopefully works just as well.
– The buff that Princess automatically gives her summons when they are first summoned has been toned down, since she can summon multiple times now.
– Tempestas can now resummon Yomama if Yomama has been defeated (just use the Yomama power again). Yomama will return with all her buffs and debuffs intact.
– Princess and Mr. Cuddles are now healed before the big fight at the end of episode 4. Before, if you fought them in part 1 of episode 4, they were starting with whatever they had left over from that fight.
New version that fixes a problem with older save files. I changed the name of some of Sir Stuffins’ powers, but this meant that older save files couldn’t load.
Download this one if you’re having problem loading save files, especially from older versions of the game.
A new version has been uploaded with some bug fixes kindly pointed out by Wildfire over at animeotk. Thanks Wildfire!
– Fixes the description of Airburst and Twister.
– Fixes a crash when you try to use Airburst, and attacking after using Twister.
– Tempestas’ powers were royally screwed up is what I’m saying.
– Fixes a crash when fighting Princess, because her summons weren’t being properly initialized before getting thrown into combat.
– Fixes a bug where Princess was summoning her minions on *your* side instead of *her* side.
– Fixes a bug where the game wasn’t saving Princess’ state, so if you passed the Speed test while fighting Princess, and then saved the game, she didn’t start the fight with the reduced energy she should have.
– Tweaks a bit of dialogue in episode 4 where the player references events in episode 2 that didn’t actually happen if you managed to defeat Succubus in Silver’s office.
Yeah, I skipped 5.1.4. Apparently I just really hate even numbers.