New version up with some fixes to bugs pointed out by Wildfire over at animeotk:
1. Some event names were malformed, leading to loading errors if you saved and then reloaded in the middle of the episode. I’ve fixed those event names, and also added a bit of logic to repair bad saves at load time, so you should be able to just load your game and keep playing. If that doesn’t work, starting from the beginning/the start of episode 6/the end of episode 6 day 1 should all work.
2. Fixed a couple of typos.
3. Fixed a bug where Scarlet Moon wasn’t properly gaining Power when choosing the Power option during the episode’s climax.
Scarlet Moon Episode 6 is Complete!
You can now go ahead and get it in the downloads section. It has a fair bit of Natalie-romance-only content, and two stat checks, though other than that it is alas fairly streamlined alas. Still, I hope people enjoy it.
Just finished fixing the *many*, *many* typos and other mistakes (mostly pronoun related) errors that VikingSpanko so diligently recorded and sent to me. Many thanks VikingSpanko!
Working on debugging the new content right now. Hopefully that will be ready for release soonish.
Not a whole lot to add. Chipping away at the second day of content. The second day has a fair number of paths, so it’s taking a bit, but we’re getting there.
Haven’t worked much on the next episode the past month (been pretty busy with IRL, plus taking a break after the latest release). However, I have done some work, so progress is being made. No timeline on when new content will be available.
Bugfix uploaded that fixes a crash when attempting to look at the new character’s powers, and a crash during Midnight’s date caused by a few screwups on my end with respect to clothing (it was possible if you were male to end up without any underwear, something the game doesn’t really like).
The first day of episode 6 has been released! Enjoy.
As always, the holidays have proven to be a slow time for me, game development wise. Still, I’ve been working on the next episode here and there when I get a chance and I’m almost done with the story content for the first half of the next episode. After that, I’ll have some AI to write, and some new powers to implement, and then I can start playtesting.
No idea when things will be ready though. I’ve also been doing some bug fixes, and UI tweaks based on feedback. That will get released along with the new content.
Sorry about the delayed update. October wasn’t very productive due to IRL stuff (both personal, and a certain event that I’m sure you’re all aware of) inhibiting my groove.
However, my productivity is starting to pick up some. Just finished tweaking the market scene in episode 2 so that you can help Vanessa without getting spanked (just pass the stat check), and adding a new dominant path in Episode 2 when Scarlet Moon is snooping around in Megawater before the climax of the episode.
Just uploaded a new fix addressing some feedback from folks over at F95Zone:
1. Fixed two crashes, one caused by fighting Succubus with Average AI (again. The Average AI is the bane of my existence.), the other caused by trying to equip a two-slot item using the shortcut keys presented on the main story screen.
2. The game now has an off-white background with dark text, rather than a dark background with white text. One commenter was complaining that light on dark was harder to read than dark on light. I didn’t have a strong opinion, so flipped it around.
3. Reworked the “Welcome to my game” page at the very beginning. Rather than giving a list of what you can expect to see in the game (hint hint: it’s spankings), it now gives a brief overview of how the UI works. In particular, I realized that people new to the game probably don’t realize that you don’t *need* to go to the separate command page to access commands. For example, you don’t have to press “.” and then “c” to access the character screen. You can just press “c.”