Monthly Archives: September 2016
Font Size Bugfix

Spankers, Spankees and Switches of All Ages (18 and above),

I’ve released a new ¬†version (0.1.24) ¬†with a small fix that sets a minimum font size of 6. This should protect against the font being so ridiculously small that you can’t read it, even on small screens.

 

AKA

Rewrite Complete

Spankers, Spankees and Switches of All Ages (18 and above),

I’ve finished the major rewrite of Scarlet Moon. The bug with saving making the game unresponsive should now be fixed. There have also been a few small interface tweaks. The biggest one being that skills are now selected with letters rather than numbers (made the new implementation a bit simpler, and gives me more single keystrokes for selecting skills).

You can get it on the downloads page.

Note: I’ve also moved over to gitlabs, partially because Gitlab allows me to have private repositories without a paid membership, and partly because I like open source and like to use/support it when I can. The links in the Downloads page should all be updated already, but if any are broken please let me know.

Note that there is no new content (beyond a little bit of editing). However, now that I’ve finished my rewrite, my focus until the end of the first episode will be on writing the game’s content, and bugfixes.

 

AKA Russell

September Update

So I’m eyeballs deep into the debugging of the Great Refactor. Right now, I’m working on debugging combat (the most complex piece, so naturally the buggiest).

At this stage, I’ve got attacking, and moving (moving is one of the more complex parts) working correctly. Right now I’m working on making sure skills work properly.

Events are also working correctly, I believe, as is saving and loading.

Fortunately, while I’ve found a ton of bugs, all of them have been pretty straightforward to fix (one bonus of the Great Refactor: everything being modified is local, and methods can’t do all sorts of wild and crazy shit behind the scenes, so it makes it a lot easier to track down the misbehaving code).

I’ve also been working on some of the writing for the rest of the first episode.

Sorry this is all taking so long. But I have a much better handle on how the codebase works, especially how the GUI is communicating with the rest of the system, so _hopefully_ this means we’ll have fewer of those weird-ass bugs that I couldn’t track down.

AKA