Hi, is the HTML for Scarlet Moon still available somewhere – I don’t have a PC or Laptop but I enjoyed reading through it, but I can’t seem to find it now.
Here you can find links to the transcripts for Potion Wars and the Scandalous Scarlet Moon. A few things to note.
1. There are two variations: one where the player character is a female named Scarlette, and one where the player character is a male named Adrian.
2. Obviously, I would encourage you to play the game rather than read the transcripts. The game presents the content in a much smoother format, and gives you many customization options. You can even disable combat if that isn’t your cup of tea. However, the transcripts are here if you want to skim the content to get a sense of the game, or if you cant run the game for whatever reason.
0. IMPORTANT: In the Potion Wars the player character is a woman named “Juliana.” However in-game you can customize your name and gender as part of creating your character. If you want to play a male named Raul, you can.
1. Although they look like CYOA games, they are not. In order to properly experience the game, you should, you know, play the game. Reading my transcripts is sort of like reading the transcript of a movie. Sure you can get a sense of the quality of the writing, and of the story, but you sure as hell aren’t experiencing it like you’re supposed to.
2. The purpose of these transcripts is to give you a sample of what kind of content/writing you can expect. As a result, the static HTML pages aren’t particularly pretty or efficient (each transcript is a single HTML page, but they easily run into triple digit physical page numbers).
3. The transcripts as shown here do *not* reveal all the information about what’s going on. In particular, they do not display the layout of dungeons (though they do contain the events you’ll experience in the dungeons). They also don’t display any python code that may be executed by the node when the game is being played.
4. They are (obviously) *rife* with spoilers. Read at your own risk
Potion Wars Transcripts by AKA Russell is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Basically, this means that you can take the content (including the ideas) in the transcripts above and do whatever you want with them, so long as you don’t try to make money off of them, and you give me proper attribution.