Spankers, Spankees, and Switches of All Ages (18 and above),
Just the monthly progress update. I’ve managed to get a _lot_ done over the holidays in between family obligations. Basically, there are three big pieces to the program:
- The code that the user interacts with. This is responsible for displaying the game, and receiving commands from the user
- The code that models the current state of the game.
- The code that takes the user’s commands (given to it by 1), modifies the model (2) appropriately, and tells the view (1) what to display next.
I’ve finished most of the first pass of (2). Right now, I’m working on the code for saving and loading (which doesn’t require much. I’m using a library called Jackson, which does most of the work for me). Once that’s done, I’ll be finished with the first pass of (2), and then I’ll move on to (3).